Re: Highbernating windows 10

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

    annoother reason to have fast start up unchecked is to have windows music whenyou turn on your computer.  This was posted on the windows 10 list quite some time ago.  If fast start up is cheched you won't get any windows music when you turn on your computer only on restart.

Brian Sackrider

On 1/1/2019 10:35 PM, Kwork wrote:

Thank you. Since I am not a bear, I never hibernated on older systems. Now that I know that's what fast start basically is, I made sure it was turned off.

Travis

On 12/31/2018 7:58 AM, Richard Wells wrote:

Fast startup should not be checked, because each time you shut down your computer, it will only hibernate rather than really shut down. When you boot your computer again, it will bring back the last state instead of doing a fresh start. This doesn't apply to restart, only to shut down.

On 12/30/2018 9:03 PM, Kwork wrote:

Brian, out of curiosity, why do you not recommend fast startup to be checked?

Travis

On 12/30/2018 5:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
One can also enable/disable Hibernate under Power Options, Choose what the power button does link, activating the Change settings that are currently unavailable link, then checking/unchecking the Hibernate checkbox.

While you're in there uncheck the Turn on Fast Startup (recommended) checkbox.

I turned the presentation of Hibernate in the Power menu back on at the same time that I turned Fast Startup off.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back