Re: Add-on Updater: counting down to release of version 19.01.1 #addonrelease

Antony Stone

I would certainly recommend making the signature much shorter - sixteen lines
is in my opinion rather excessive.

The same applies to some other people posting on this list - please consider
whether the information in your signature:

a) needs to be sent to the list with every message at all

b) could be abbreviated to occupy fewer lines of text

c) could be completely replaced with a URL to a web page where the information
is available for people who are interested.

Also, please remember that "-- " (dash dash space) on one line by itself is
the standard separator for putting at the start of email signatures, and which
many mail clients will recognise and then avoid duplicating that line and the
text beneath it when replying to a message.

This can help greatly to keep the length of replies shorter.

Regards, and happy new year,

Antony.

On Wednesday 02 January 2019 at 05:50:29, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

I thought my signature could be a problem when it comes to my answers on
the lists, but didn't find a way to avoid it.
You think I should turn it off? There's a way to prevent it only in the
emails to the lists?
Any help would be much appreciated.
--
"Measuring average network latency is about as useful as measuring the mean
temperature of patients in a hospital."

- St├ęphane Bortzmeyer

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.