Re: nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

Sarah k Alawami

I believe I have the same issue. In fact I think I saw it yesterday. I have the essentials add o installed if that makes a difference, which it probably does not. I hope it is a fluke for both of us.

Running windows 10 1809. I have to look up the nvda version but it is the latest beta build, that much I know.

On 3 Jan 2019, at 15:39, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

For some reason 99 percent of the time Nvda doesn’t announce that I’m on the start menu when I press the windows logo key. I press it and Nvda says nothing at all. It’s happening on both machines. It’s frustrating because I’m needing to access different folders and I want to search for them using the start menu.

Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Running windows 10 home, build 17763 on both machines.

Thanks.