Re: nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

Sarah k Alawami

In my case I hearthe edit field as I have an add on that plays sounds, but yeah I remember it did say start menu. For me a restart of nvda works fine.

Take care

On 3 Jan 2019, at 15:52, Gene wrote:

You should easily be able to confirm where you are.  I don't use Windows 10 but one or both of these commands should tell you directly or indirectly where you are:
Try NVDA key t for the title bar.  Also try NVDA key tab, which reads the current control you are on.

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2019 5:39 PM
Subject: [nvda] nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

Hey guys, Molly here again.

For some reason 99 percent of the time Nvda doesn’t announce that I’m on the start menu when I press the windows logo key. I press it and Nvda says nothing at all. It’s happening on both machines. It’s frustrating because I’m needing to access different folders and I want to search for them using the start menu.

Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Running windows 10 home, build 17763 on both machines.

Thanks.