Re: nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes increasingly nvda is not actually confirming what has been opened as if it missed the command to say it. I wonder, does the person have the 3D sounds add on installed or something that interrupts the speaking in some way?
The NVDA speech can be muted by hitting certain keys, but also overwritten by some other speech or affected by a mute of a sound card due to driver issues.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2019 11:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

You should easily be able to confirm where you are. I don't use Windows 10 but one or both of these commands should tell you directly or indirectly where you are:
Try NVDA key t for the title bar. Also try NVDA key tab, which reads the current control you are on.

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2019 5:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda doesn't announce the start menu after pressing the windows key

Hey guys, Molly here again.

For some reason 99 percent of the time Nvda doesn't announce that I'm on the start menu when I press the windows logo key. I press it and Nvda says nothing at all. It's happening on both machines. It's frustrating because I'm needing to access different folders and I want to search for them using the start menu.

Do you have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Running windows 10 home, build 17763 on both machines.

Thanks.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.