Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Thanks for your helpful answer.

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2019 2:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Java accessibility

I'm not sure why Waterfox is showing you such messages.  JAVA, the program, does show update messages in the System Tray when a JAVA update is available.  JAVA scripts don't ask to be updated.

If you don't use any programs that require JAVA, the program, then its very unlikely you are using any web sites that do.  You should disable the JAVA add-on in your browser.  If you have no problems with sites asking you to get JAVA, leave it disabled.  JAVA is a security risk and the browser shouldn't be exposed to possible JAVA exploits unless it is necessary to run the JAVA add-on in the browser to work with one or more sites. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2019 12:45 PM

Hi,

I had two encounters with a message from Water Fox asking me to update my Java.  I ignored it.  Should I update?  Is it needed?

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of MAX
Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2019 11:50 AM

My only brush with Java is in the Arduino I D E (integrated development environment,  Jaws will not read it.  Even after installing Java access bridge.  After switching over to NVDA I found that it would.  I did not uninstall Java access bridge so I must assume it is still on my computer.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Antique Electronics Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2019 12:59 AM

Haven't used Java applications in a long time, but i seem to recall that you need to install a program called Java Access Bridge, which facilitates interaction between java and screen readers.

Andy

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, January 04, 2019 10:43 PM

Subject: [nvda] Java accessibility

I want to learn java. For this reason I installed jdk and intelliJ ide. But,after opening intelliJ ide, I'm not able to navigate. If I press tab or aero keys nvda doesn't say anything. Got same result with object navigation. Nvda doesn't say anything. Now, what can I do?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.