From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, January 5, 2019 2:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Java accessibility

I'm not sure why Waterfox is showing you such messages.  JAVA, the program, does show update messages in the System Tray when a JAVA update is available.  JAVA scripts don't ask to be updated.

If you don't use any programs that require JAVA, the program, then its very unlikely you are using any web sites that do.  You should disable the JAVA add-on in your browser.  If you have no problems with sites asking you to get JAVA, leave it disabled.  JAVA is a security risk and the browser shouldn't be exposed to possible JAVA exploits unless it is necessary to run the JAVA add-on in the browser to work with one or more sites.

Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2019 12:45 PM

Hi,

I had two encounters with a message from Water Fox asking me to update my Java.  I ignored it.  Should I update?  Is it needed?

Thanks

Blessings

Pascal