Re: OT: EcoBraille displays.

Michael Munn

You can ship stuff for Free to United states by using the Free Matter for the Blind. 
is long this material is Blind related.
I sww the email yesterday and  I was wondering how big is this display?
and how much they have for order?
If you can respond to these question that would be awfully nice.
Thanks 
best regards
Michael Munn 

Michael Munn
Member: Virginia Association of Blind students
 National Federation of Virginia   www.nfbv.org
Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students
National Federation of Maryland www.nfbmd.org
Students of: Hadley Institute of the Blind

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 10:50 AM Iván Novegil via Groups.Io <ivan.novegil=nvda.es@groups.io> wrote:

Hello.

Yes, you are reading the price correctly: eco 40-75€, Eco 80-100€, eco plus 80-100€. Note that they are such a lower prices because that displays are old, big and heavy, if I'm not wrong some of them were designed to put a keyboard on it.

Regarding delivery, I don't know the response to any of the questions you make (note, anyway, that any possible German affiliate must have Spanish nationality). As you speak Spanish, you could try to contact CIDAT at cidat@... asking this and comment the reply here for people who could be also interested. The URL with the last information regarding the second hand products market is http://cidat.once.es/home.cfm?id=2400&nivel=2

Feliz año. Un saludo.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 04/01/2019 á(s) 23:32, Cristóbal escribiu:

Hello Iván,

Am I reading that correctly? 75 to 100 € for a display?

Would you know by any chance if there are any affiliates in Germany or if shipping within the EU is possible? I live in California, but my in-laws live in Germany. At that price, I may even be interested just to simply have as a back up display to my Brailliant BI. Get it shipped to my in-laws and figure out shipping to me from there if international shipping to the US is not possible directly through them.

I may drop them a line, but as it’s the weekend and you recently responded, I thought I’d ask directly in case you knew. Also responded in English and not Spanish for the benefit of others in case they had a similar query.

Saludos,

Cristóbal Muñoz

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Iván Novegil via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, January 4, 2019 1:59 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OT: EcoBraille displays.

Hello.

I don't know if this Eco Braille is the one which Narrator has implemented, but Eco Braille is the name of an old braille display line produced by ONCE-CIDAT, here in Spain. The NVDA driver was added as the result of the collaboration between some members of the spanish-speaking community (including our translator) and ONCE-CIDAT.

ONCE affiliates can buy this type of displays via the second hand product market offered by CIDAT itself (75-100€+shipping), but I don't know if they sell them to non-affiliates too nor if they deliver these products to abroad. If you're interested, you could try contacting them at cidat@..., although I'm not sure if they speak English.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es
              Logo
Comunidad hispanohablante de NVDA | Proyecto NVDA.es
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 04/01/2019 á(s) 21:55, John Isige escribiu:

Hey all. Got this tweet from Microsoft today that you can use EcoBraille displays with Narrator. I hadn't heard of them before so decided to look them up, try to find prices and all. I see NVDA has drivers for them, I see Microsoft's tweet, but what I don't see at all is anything describing them or anybody selling them. Anybody know where to find out more about them?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.