Re: Spacebar Activates a Link While in Browse Mode

Felix G.

Hello Brian,
my educated guess is that it's there to make the space bar select
radio buttons or toggle check boxes. Doing the default action on
something would be the natural generalization, and in the case of a
link, this amounts to following.
In terms of programming, we're not doing a case analysis over type of
object, but we tell the object to activate, and it knows how to handle
this. The space bar is a polymorphic method call.
Best,
Felix

Am Mo., 7. Jan. 2019 um 08:20 Uhr schrieb Brian's Mail list account
via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

Yes all agreed but that does not actually answer why its there in the first
place. I guess nobody knows!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.