Re: I'm so grateful for Nvda

Monte Single

As many people on this and other lists point out, it is a good idea to have a second screen reader on your  machine.  This is where the 40  minute demo of jaws is sometimes helpful.

Now there is 1 positive thing I can say about the jaws business.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: January-09-19 10:49 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I'm so grateful for Nvda

Hi.

I used to use Jaws. Ever since I was little. But then in 2017 I switched to NVDA when I purchased a new laptop. I am using NVDA full time now as well, not looking to buy a Jaws sma anytime soon.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:04 AM

I too am very grateful for NVDA. I used to use a different screen reader but I couldn't afford the upgrades anymore so I switched to NVDA full-time in 2011. I haven't looked back.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sociohack AC
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 6:30 AM

Same here. I love it's free and so flexible. I can install it on my home PC and my work PC, without any inconvenience to my employer. The world of computers and internet stays wholistic and in place, thanks to NVDA.
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.