Re: NVDA say all command not working.

Ann Byrne

Is he using the actual down arrow key, not the one on the numpad????

At 02:58 AM 1/10/2019, you wrote:
Does this also happen in other non office programs, ie is it system wide or specific really.

Which build of windows is in use?

If its all over then maybe something in nvda is corrupted. Only a complete manual removal and reinstall will sort that out, but what synth is in use with nvda?

Not that this should make a difference but...
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Hofman" <Eric.Hofman@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2019 11:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA say all command not working.

Hi All
I have a client who is using the latest version of NVDA on a Windows 10 Laptop with Office 2016.
The client is reasonably proficient with using NVDA and reports that when attempting to use the "SAY ALL" ( INSERT+DOWN ARROW ) in word, Outlook, notepad various other programs, that the command fails to read to the end of the Page or Document from the currently focused point. The client states it will usually read to the end of the line, sentence, or paragraph and that repeating the command will prompt NVDA to continue reading but again not to the end as expected.

This issue is reported to me as having been occurring for approximately 4 to 6 weeks, So has survived several system reboots. I have ensured via phone that the client is using the latest version and currently there are no updates available for the client.

I have been unable to reproduce this issue on a test system or my work system with the latest version or the previous versions of NVDA. Reset to factory defaults would be the next obvious step but I would like to know if this is a known issue or if there is some way of resolving this without a reset to defaults.

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Eric Hofman

Eric Hofman
AT Helpdesk Support Officer
Commercial & National Services
Vision Australia
373 Old Cleveland Road Coorparoo QLD 4151

T: +617 3727 2230 (I: 701230)
E: Eric.Hofman@...
www.visionaustralia.org

[Vision Australia. Blindness. Low Vision. Opportunity. - logo]

[Vision Australia. Winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Workplace Diversity and Inclusion Program. - logo]

The history, culture, diversity and value of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are recognised, acknowledged and respected.