Re: Need help scanning books

Giles Turnbull

Funding for assistive tech for my MA course in creative writing recommended me a Plustek OpticBook 3800 scanner with OpenBook scanning software. I'm afraid to say I haven't tried it yet becuase there isn't anywehre, other than on the floor, for me to put it! I did research it before I agreed to accept it and it seemed quite popular among blind tech stores. It is a flatbed that I think is designed for scanning books without bending spines.

Might be one to investigate. I think it cost about £150 for the scanner.

Giles