Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 5:00 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

I disagree with "needs to have an SSD".  It's nice, but it's not essential.
It improves startup time for the machine as a whole, and loading time for
applications, but doesn't affect how well applications run once they're loaded.

I agree with "as much RAM as you can afford / will fit".  I'd say that is the
most important aspect of getting a machine to run well.  Also, it's essential
that you have a 64-bit machine and a 64-bit version of Windows, otherwise the
machine simply will not use more than 3Gbytes of RAM no matter how much is
fitted.

A CPU with several cores will help with running multiple applications - more
so than a particularly fast CPU.

So my list of priorities would be:

1. 64 bit CPU and 64 bit edition of Windows
2. Lots of RAM
3. Multi-core CPU
4. Fast CPU
5. SSD instead of HDD

Hope that helps,

Antony.

--
A few words to be cautious of between American and English:
 - momentarily

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.