Re: Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

Gene

This doesn't sound to me like a computer power problem.  It sounds to me like the slowness in Word problem that NVDA has and which Joseph Lee says is being worked on now.  Older versions of Word, based on your comments, are likely not to interact with NvDA in ways that either cause this problem or make it as acute as newer versions.  There is no reason why a word processor should take a lot of computer power and Word, any version, should run well on any reasonably adequate Windows 10 machine.

Gene

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

Yes, i find 8 gigs OK with a four core processor myself. It was in 2016 a
very good machine, and it still is, but things seem  to have once again gone
up a notch. It has always been my view that the programmers of big bits of
software have not been worrying about the efficiency of their code and we
end up with problems.
 I did try a newer version of word, but it is like paint trying compared to
the old one.
 I'm beginning to think sometimes programmers assume that only their
software will be running!
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.