Re: Slightly OT: Hardware speech synthesizer

Felix G.

Hello,
thank you for the great advice. TripleTalk USB Mini looks promising.
In any case, I now know the territory a bit more.
Best,
Felix

Am Fr., 11. Jan. 2019 um 17:23 Uhr schrieb Devin Prater
<r.d.t.prater@...>:

On modern computers, I don’t see much of a benefit to it, unless you’re using Emacspeak where the hardware DecTalk is still a good experience with it. On older computers, or computers with fussy sound cards, it may be a good experience.

On Jan 11, 2019, at 10:19 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

The real question though is this. Can they be more efficient in real terms than the inbuilt espeak?
I did some tests back in the xp days when I had access to one, and to me at least there was nothing much in it.
Of course the old interface used a serial port on my old computer, so it could well be that this ancient device was a bottleneck.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-