Re: Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

Sarah k Alawami

Tha'ts true. I game a lot ad stream about once a day or so. I hate checking email so have my mac for that.I have not tested word on my gaming pc, one day. Lol! I want to upgrade my os drive to 1tb as I'm already running out of space. Lol! Maybe add 64 gigs of memmory as my scenery launches slowly. I can deal with it for now though.

Take care

On 11 Jan 2019, at 11:55, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 02:05 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
So for me I would build a pc thus
Sarah, you have been a voice of reason in this exchange overall.  But the central point, which only this post seems to partially miss, is that "for me" is just that.

Each and every user should carefully consider what their intended use or uses of their computer is and what those require hardware wise.  What fits you, or me, or anyone else like a glove may not fit another well.

Also, I support leaving some room for growth, too, but even the base system you described for your build is just gross overkill for my needs, and always would be in the foreseeable future (who knows, it could become utterly insufficient, but I can't see that in the near term).

Even if someone can afford the latest Intel or AMD CPU, it's an utter waste if all they're going to do is web browse, e-mail, edit some documents, and, perhaps, stream occasionally.

Tool to task, and all that.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back