Re: Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

Sarah k Alawami

Actually I would not let even that student touch anything over a year old. I don't care if it still works. Many companies don't support let's say a 7 year old machine the school might be giving to their students. If the school can afford it let them buy refirbs that are a year old if that is even possible as long as they have 8 or 16 gigs of ram and the students can use them for class but anything over a year old at least in terms of school settings is yucky to me.

I know a family member who is at their office still using windows I think it's 7. They refuse to upgrade the their machines are 10 years old, but what would you expect from most people who don't really care about this stuff.

If I could afford it I would replace my computers every year or 2 even though they still work. It's staying up to date with technology and going with the best if you can, at least to me.

On 11 Jan 2019, at 12:34, Brian Vogel wrote:

Sarah,

            You really seem to be spinning out over these last several posts.   This really is not about you, or your needs or wants, but trying to offer advice regarding how best to make buying decisions related to computers in general.

             It's not that your needs are wrong, but they're utterly irrelevant to what I've seen as the broader point of this whole topic.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back