Re: Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 04:14 PM, Gene wrote:
The general advice is that when a computer becomes five years old, it shouldn't be considered reliable,
And I will say, without reservation, that my observations as a tech support professional in the field for years now indicate that the general advice is wrong.

Whether it's practical for the intended purposes, if demands have ramped up, is one thing.  But I seldom see machines starting to become unreliable in any meaningful sense when they're only 5 years old.  And that's with platter HDDs and lots of in-field use, if some reasonable care is applied.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back