Re: Minimum Specs for NVDA with Other Intensive Applications

Well I know 4th -6th gen computers are still sold about the place and are still acceptable.

I doubt all of those will just drop.

At least none of thats going to happen while win7 and win8 and some of the older server versions still have lifecycles.

Even when those drop, 32 bit processers still exist not the latest but still.

About the time 32 bit win10 drops we may see the end to all bios units.

However not everyone will have the latest unit.

On 13/01/2019 10:49 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Sarah,

         Although recently there's been a rather tectonic shift with regard to the relationship between Windows 10 and "old" versus "new" hardware, even now there's no hard and fast drop dead date with regard to updates, so long as the machine can still get them and meets the minimum requirements.   I've got a machine from the Vista era that was running Windows 10, and the only reason I stopped is that, for some odd reason, there was absolutely no compatible mouse pad driver to be found, and believe me I looked at the time.   I've got another that's a now at least 10 year old desktop machine that's happily sailing along with Windows 10.

         I fully expect that support for Windows 10 will be dropped from machines that run conventional BIOS as opposed to UEFI.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back