Re: NVDA say all command not working.

hi eric and all.
when for the first time i wanted to migrate to nvda on 2014, i faced
one issue that prevented me for the first time to leave jaws and
migrate to nvda.
the problem was not supporting SayAll.
when i wanted to read one book or article or even nvda users guide,
after ten minutes, nvda said unknown and stopped reading.
i asked someone about my issue and not supporting SayAll for entire
document and he told me that i should disable screen saver in control
panel.
i did it and it resolved my issue that now, i can read books with
hundreds of pages with firefox or long documents in notepad++ or
wordpad.
i am sure that this solution works in all programs which support
screen readers and SayAll.

now, i love nvda very much and use it every day, i cant immagine one
day without nvda and i requested God to help me use nvda in all of my
lifetime and by his grace, i wish to use nvda forever even if one day,
i become sighted!
i really love iven3, its voice is very sweete, lovely, kind and
friendly and i love it very much and enjoy if i read hundreds of
pages.

On 1/12/19, Eric Hofman <Eric.Hofman@...> wrote:
Hi Gene
Having Laptop keyboard layout selected does not preclude the use of Insert
key as the NVDA modifier key it Just enables the use of the Caps lock key as
a Modifier Key and re-assigns the key commands that are assigned to the key
comprised in the Num pad as most laptops don't have a numpad.

In NVDA and also JAWS if you select laptop keyboard layout even with a
desktop keyboard you can then use either Insert or Caps lock as your
modifier key and either the desktop or Laptop key commands, which can
actually be quite helpful with some of the more acrobatic keyboard commans
(where smaller hands or where dexterity is an issue.)

Although the laptop keyboard does have a numpad and an insert key, I choose
to leave set to laptop in consultation with the user.

I thank you for your advise and input into this issue.

Kind regards
Eric