Re: website beeping

As other have pointed, at least for me it's confirmed the cause of this happening is the progress bar setting.
Just to proof it, do as follows:
Open the site with your current setting regarding progress bar.
Up and down arrow on it for a time.
Do NVDA+U to set it to a different status.
Repeat the up/down arrow process.
If it behaves differently than previously, then it's confirmed.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 13/01/2019 11:21, Giles Turnbull escreveu:

Hi all,

I'm curious whether anybody else has noticed that some websites, admitedly relatively few, make a sort of beeping sound when cursoring down through the page? It doesn't happen when using say all.

This website is doing it when I visited it this morning:
https://www.movebubble.com/london/area-guides/2017/09/stratford-london-guide

It's kind of like the beeping to indicate percentage progress, but it is apparently not associated with any media loading, just the act of using the cursor keys to navigate up or down the webpage.

Thanks for any insight :)

Giles