From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf of Giles Turnbull
Sent: January 11, 2019 9:33 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] speaking passwords instead of star

Hi Brian,

It is just the initial logon screen for Win10. I use a PIN and each number is obfuscated with a character that NVDA describes as a circle, but my old dictionary entry for this circle symbol, ●, to be spoken as "star" has stopped working, which makes me think Microsoft have changed which symbol is being used.

It is not a major issue but I did like to hear that a symbol, be it a circle or an asterisk, had been typed :) I will play around with some of the other bullet / circle symbols in the NVDA dictionary at some point :)

Giles

_._,_._,_