From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 7:11 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Screen Curtain and Virtual Review: new versions are out #AddonRelease

hi joseph.
thanks so much for your great works.
may i ask that which versions of nvda screen curtain supports?
for example: if one day i install windows 7 and screen curtain, can i
use my favorit version of nvda (2017.2) with screen curtain?
thanks again for any help, God bless you!

A proof of concept is a product that demonstrates an idea. In this case,
NVDA issue 7857 deals with a suggestion to add screen curtain functionality
to NVDA, and this work is being done by a developer in Europe.

The whole idea behind Screen Curtain add-on was to gather feedback from the
NVDA community about this very feature. Based on feedback from users, this
European developer made some changes to this feature which is slowly taking
shape at the moment.

In fact, Screen Curtain isn't the first proof of concept add-on. That honor
belongs to Control Usage Assistant (now discontinued), an add-on developed
by me that added context-sensitive help messages for various controls. Nor
Add-on Updater will be the latest proof of concept add-on that has
graduated
to stable release status, nor Windows 10 App Essentials the only one where
the add-on is used to do early field testing for eventual NVDA pull
requests. In case of Add-on Updater, it is the realization of NVDA issue
3208 (an issue I myself wrote) that advocated adding add-on update feature
to NVDA, and I'm actively working on a pull request to make that into
reality. Regarding Windows 10 App Essentials, one or more important
features
from that add-on has just been transferred to NVDA, and will show up as
part
of upcoming 2019.1 release (specifically, in NVDA 2019.1, you won't need
Windows 10 App Essentials to benefit from improved usability of various
time
pickers in Windows 10; speaking of features, emoji panel support was
originally part of my add-on until it was transferred to NVDA in 2018.3).

My sincere apologies for my tone.

Cheers,

Joseph