Re: Disable protection in a word document that you received via e-mail, etc.

Ryan Mann <rmann0581@...>

With the document open, hit Alt F.
Tab until you get to a button that says Enable Editing.
Press Enter.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2016, at 4:04 AM, Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Asking this here since, I know that, for example, if I receive a word document via e-mail, then I won't really be able to edit it, or really review contents, since windows/word marks as it as from a possibly unsafe source, but, for example, when having worked with jaws in the past, I would switch to jaws/virtual mouse cursor, move to one of the top lines of the whole window, and on the right-hand side, there would be something you could click the mouse cursor on, to enable editing.

However, if I switch to screen review cursor in current/latest NVDA, then I don't seem to be able to find that part of the window.

I am guessing that if I used actual physical mouse itself, I might be able to find it, but, was just wondering if there's another way someone can recommend/suggest?

As in, something like either a set of keystrokes, or another method/means to access that hotspot, without having to work with a physical mouse, which I wouldn't even, generally, have plugged into a desktop PC.

And, this is currently working with MS word 2010, but anyway.

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, acceptance is versatile"