From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: January 11, 2019 11:20 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Slightly OT: Hardware speech synthesizer

The real question though is this. Can they be more efficient in real terms than the inbuilt espeak?
I did some tests back in the XP days when I had access to one, and to me at least there was nothing much in it.
Of course, the old interface used a serial port on my old computer, so it could well be that this ancient device was a bottleneck.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to-