Re: Want to upgrade computer

Gene

But as one of the answers said on the page I linked to, for more memory intensive activities, it may not run very well, but for typical activities, it does.  I'm paraphrasing but that's the sense of it.  My disagreement is that you said to be sure its 64 bit Windows and I'm saying that, while that makes sense for 64bit machines with reasonable memory, those with 32bit machines don't have to give up their machines and they can run 32bit Windows 10 unless they use memory intensive programs that a lot of people don't use.  They should have 4gb of RAM.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 6:51 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Want to upgrade computer

Oh, I do not dispute that 32-bit Windows runs much better in limited memory
than 64-bit Windows does.

Given a 64-bit machine with 2 Gbytes of RAM, running a 32-bit edition of
Windows on it will perform better than running a 64-bit edition of the same
version of Windows.

However, I also believe that running a 64-bit edition of Windows on a machine
with 8 Gbytes of RAM will perform better than a 32-bit edition running in 3
Gbytes (even if the machine itself contains 8 Gbytes).

Antony.

--
I thought of going into banking, until I lost interest.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.