From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Want to upgrade computer

If you have a 32-bit version of Windows (no matter whether the machine's
hardware is 32- or 64-bit) then it will not use more than 3Gbytes of RAM.

This tends to give disappointing performance when running a screenreader
alongside other applications, as well as being a waste of money for the
unusable RAM.

Antony.

On Monday 14 January 2019 at 12:35:38, Gene wrote:

Isn't there a 32 bit version of Windows 10? What if the machine is a 32bit
machine?

Also, what version of Windows is currently being run? You may just have
minor annoyances when Microsoft imposes two full upgrades on you a year.
Microsoft may slow the schedule down but we don't know if it will, but
some people have more annoying problems or even serious ones after an
imposed Microsoft upgrade on occasion. So my question is, why do you want
to upgrade? If the reason isn't pressing, you might want to leave things
as they are.

Gene