Re: Disable protection in a word document that you received via e-mail, etc.

Sharni-Lee Ward

Hi,

How do you do that? I regularly exchange files with a writer friend of mine, and I can't scroll normally in Protected view. I hate it!

On 13/06/2016 12:22 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Jacob,

           You also have the option to turn Protected View off as the default in Trust Center settings.  I do this routinely since any file that I get, whether as an e-mail attachment or via download from the internet, is scanned by my antivirus before I ever have a chance to open it.  I also don't grab MS-Word files "at random" from the internet or open attachments from unknown sources so the risk is minimal to begin with.