Re: Weird audio stuttering with latestNVDA Update

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Thanks.  Would you suggest using backup?

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 4:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Weird audio stuttering with latestNVDA Update

I don't make disk images so I'll let others answer the question. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 2:09 PM

I understand and really appreciate your concern.  I also installed an earlier version of NVDA with no success.  The stuttering is happening with all included synthesizers and with Eloquent.  I am suspecting it is my Acer laptop as I had to resort to this drastic measure before.

I used the recovery USB and it did take much time.  The laptop is singing again nicely.  I don’t dare to update NVDA to the latest version.  I am using 2017.3. I’ll wait for a while before I update.  Before I go, I have one question, is there an image program you would recommend?  I ask as the “system restore” is not trustworthy.

Many thanks

Blessings

Pascal

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 2:29 PM

That sounds like a lot of work.   Is there anything important you want to do with the newest NVDA version or anything important you believe will be possible you will want to do in versions that will be upcoming in the next year or two? 

In addition, what if you try a different synthesizer.  Which one are you using now? It might make more sense to go back to the version of NVDA you were using until there is a reason or reasons to go through all that work in terms of a meaningful benefit or benefits. 

And, in the short term, if enough people report this problem, it will be addressed by the developers.  it may be that there is something about your laptop and some others that will never be known, that causes you to have this problem and it may be corrected by the developers.  So even if you have reasons to want to use the latest update now, it might be better to wait and see how things develop.

Gene 

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 1:08 PM

I have tried your kind suggestions but with no success.  I am resorting to the hammer solution wiping my Acer laptop clean and rebuilding it from scratch.  My other HP laptop is working fine with NVDA 2017.3 and Win10 1803 version.  I honestly do not dare updating NVDA and Win10 at this time.

Many thanks.

Blessings

Pascal 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Adriani Botez
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 2:02 PM

I have updated but I didn’t notice any audio problem.

After restarting your PC, try to restart NVDA with allo add-ons disabled. Does the issue still occur?

Best

Adriani

Von: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Joseph Lee
Gesendet: Montag, 14. Januar 2019 19:58
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: Re: [nvda] Weird audio stuttering with latestNVDA Update

Hi,

I’d like to find out if others who have updated to 2018.4.1 are also experiencing audio issues after doing so (I’m running an equivalent alpha build and not experiencing it, but I’ll leave open all sorts of possibilities).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 10:51 AM

I consider myself very lucky as I didn't get any update to nvda this morning. If it does show up, I'll cancel out of it until this problem is fixed.

Roger

On 1/14/2019 12:06 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Yes, I reported the same after updating to NVDA and Windows latest versions.  My other laptop which is still using NVDA 2017.3 and Win10 version 1803 has no problems.  I am about to use the recovery USB on my Acer laptop as the stuttering starts after every 2 or 3 min of use.  It is very annoying.  I tried everything to no use!

Blessings

Pascal    

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Armando Maldonado
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 12:34 PM
Subject: [nvda] Weird audio stuttering with latestNVDA Update

Hello,

just updated to the latest NVDA update and whenever i'm browsing my computer, working online and such, I occasionally get this weird audio stuttering. All realtek drivers are up to date. Prior to updating I did not experience any issues. Has anyone else experienced? Thanks.

armando

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.