Re: Win10 not landing on the desktop when started

Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...>

Robert,

In essence you are right.  I accidentally had my tablet checked and that is why it did not go to the start menu.  Richard was kind to point that out.

Thanks

Blessings.

Pascal   

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Doc Wright godfearer
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 6:01 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Win10 not landing on the desktop when started

Pascal , In windows 10 it is rare that it will ever land on the desktop as in olden days. In most cases you will find yourself on the task bar or near the start button. 

Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.
the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11:09 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] Win10 not landing on the desktop when started

Pascal: It sounds like you may have accidentally activated Tablet mode. Press WINDOWS-KEY+A and make sure the Tablet button is not pressed. If it is, press SPACE-BAR to toggle it off.

On 1/15/2019 8:39 AM, Pascal Lambert wrote:

Hi All,

Please help!  For some reason I cannot figure out, when I start my computer, it does not land on the desktop but on something called ‘life at a glancd-group header” with some icons under for calendar, weather…

I probably did something unintentionally and now I cannot find a way to get back to the desktop.  Pleas help.

Boy, I am glad this list is there for some of us who are not computer savvy!

Many thanks.

Blessings

Pascal

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.