Re: Sending Synthesizer Audio To another Source

Sile

I agree, I use this all the time. When I’m presenting slideshows with audio, it’s a way of having NVDA speak on my laptop but not over the speakers.

On Jan 15, 2019, at 11:14 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

Shaun,

I might be misinterpreting, but if you send the audio output to a particular device, it will go to that device, even if you unplug the speakers connected that device.  I wouldn't call that a bug.  Windows does the same thing.  You may actually want it if, for example, you want to swap to a different pair of speakers / headphones.

As I say, I could have misinterpreted your comment - is there an issue on Github for it?

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 2:33 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
You can set the output of the synth in the nvda settings to the speakers
you want.

Un sure if this bug is fixed, but if you then pull the speakers nvda is
not working till you plug those speakers back and change it back to your
internal card, you can fix this by always changing it back before exiting.

While we are on the subject of little bugs, I have noticed that when
changing options for the start menu nvda doesn't update itself with
content, that is hit start after changing any option and you get a
search box, you have to restart nvda before it detects any changes.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess