Re: Single key navigation on Google Chrome

John J. Boyer

When I got my desktop machine with Windows Pro a couple of years ago the quick navigation keys worked. When I installed
Microsoft Office they stopped working. My computer vendor tried to track down the pproblem, but couldn't. One weird
think was that the quick navigation keys would work when they accessed the machine remotely, but they wouldn't work for
me at home. I got a notebook computer with Windows Home about a year ago. The vendor configured it according to my
specifications. The quick navigation keys never worked.

I'm glad somebody else has this problem. maybe the developers will look into it, even though it is obscure and would be
hard to replicate.

Thanks,
John

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 09:12:13PM +1300, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Hmmm.

How long have you been running your instalation of windows for.

This is probably an unexplained issue.

have you run dism and sfc, I forget the comand for dism.

Usually I just reformat.

And usually its what I do first off.

Its usually not worth trying to research any of these issues especially if
its so obscure.

I mean sure, some coded component is probably dammaged but unless you really
need it like immediately then it is not worth doing.

The only situation where I had to really push it was when I had an emergency
fix up job on a system for a family member that handled a business.

He had a 3 day deadline and he needed to get the system free of malware.

Freeing the system of malware wasn't the problem but fixing the dammage was.

I would have usually just reformat and restored everything from the backup
drives.

But we were not ready for that and I had no software.

I spent the next 48 hours researching, and I barely slept those 2 days,
drinking at least 2 6 packs of v every 3 hours or so to keep awake.

I got the thing fixed after searching all sorts of sites, finally after
searching some dodgy hacking sites I got a fix program which fixed the issue
but I usually just reformat and do it properly.

Windows is far to complex if it breaks to even attempt to fix.

On 20/01/2019 5:29 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
I have had this problem for a long time and have reported it numerous times, but nobody seems to be interested in fixing
it. It's not just with Chrome but with Firefox also. It's something in Windows that NVDA doesn't handle. It's not just a
matter of registerinnng dlls. I've tried that.

John

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 03:39:23PM -0600, Greg Rhodes wrote:
I just downloaded and installed Google Chrome on my PC running Windows 10, version 1809. After doing a search, I can’t get single key navigation to work (even though I have gone into browse mode). Also when I went to nvaccess.org via Chrome, single key navigation wasn’t working to navigate around the NVDA website. Help. Thanks.

Greg

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org