Re: Windows Defender Adequate?

Ralph,

              The improvements to Windows Defender, now Windows Security as of Version 1809, have been huge over the last several years, and the results of third-party lab tests indicate this.

               Although I have Malwarebytes on my system (free version, manual scans) too, I cannot even recall the last time I used it.  It was always a backup tool for the "in case I somehow become infected" circumstance, and I have not had an infection on any of my systems in probably 20 years or longer now.

See the most recent plus the last several years of historical test results from:

AV Test

AV Comparatives

SE Labs  (Reports Page)

MRG Effitas  (360 Protection Testing Category)

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back