From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA keyboard navigation keyboard commands

Well, I don't know if you can go back.
That's an interesting point, though. Wondering whether when we choose to get back NVDA to default settings, that also would affect hotkeys that we've changed.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 21/01/2019 20:23, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

Not reassign. I'd rather add the keystrokes as alternatives, but I guess reassign would be a better word for now, as long as you can go back to default in case you mess up.

On 21 Jan 2019, at 14:02, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:

I guess you can do it through the input settings, guess that's the name of it.
Anyway, it's something having to do with lots of functions in a list where you can reassign its hotkeys.

Cheers,
Marcio
Follow me on Twitter

Em 21/01/2019 19:46, Sarah k Alawami escreveu:

I wonder if you can remap laptop keystrokes? If you can you could probably add nvda u i and o for next, current and prev line, and then j k and l for words and n m and cama for characters.

On 21 Jan 2019, at 13:21, Cristóbal wrote:

Indeed, it’s mainly a right  handed thing. Left hand doesn’t go anywhere.

Different strokes for different folks. Some may find one way to be more or less efficient. I’m not going to say that having to use the numpad or arrow keys is bad. I just find it that the less I have to move my right hand around the keyboard throughout the day, the less disruptive I find it to be.

Seeing as how NVDA doesn’t really have all that many alphanumeric keyboard commands, I find it odd that there really isn’t much beyond capslock+L so you can keep both hands on the keyboard. Anyway, and so it goes…

Cristóbal