Re: Urgent Help With Accessing Google Drive and Docs

hi.
i tested google drive web interface ocr one time and even i could not
find brows button to attach my pdf file for ocr!
not sure whats the reason.
as you know, i use windows xp with firefox 52esr.

Right. I'm also a member of that group. I will do the same.

Take care

On 21 Jan 2019, at 11:00, mohammad suliman wrote:

Hi bhavya,
I my self haven't used docs extensively, so can't comment on your
findings.
However, my suggestion to you is to post this on accessible, the
official
google group from google for discussing the accessibility of the
different
google products I think, and see whether you will get an answer which
helps, at-least hopefully your experience will reach the rite people
at
google. You can find more about this group in the link:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!forum/accessible

Hope you the best

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 at 12:29 Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com>
wrote:

Dear all,

I will now be required, for certain essential activities, be required
to extensively use Google Docs and in extension Google Drive for the
next several months to collaborate on documents. Given this, it is
imperative that I get well acquainted to Drive and Docs. However,
that
is precisely what I am struggling with.

* I began reading AFB's NVDA specific tutorials on Google Drive and
Docs, but my experience with Drive is not exactly corresponding to
what has been instructed.
* This includes things like NVDA being very latent in the tree view
item on Google Drive, at random instances simply getting stuck in a
control which has nothing in it until I Tab out of it, all of which
is
preventing me from even managing to go inside a folder and view its
files, let alone open a document and edit it.
* Due to these issues, I am currently relying on direct URLs to files
and documents to access them and subsequently work on and contribute
to them. Another alternative approach I have tried to adopt is to add
this particular shared folder to my own Drive, such that I can access
it on Windows Explorer on my PC itself. In this scenario, there are a
number of important files that are missing from the folder on my
computer which I have had confirmed with my collaborators. Backup and
Sync from Google on my computer contradictorily claims that
everything
has been updated.

I am unclear on how to resolve NVDA's laggy behaviour on Google Drive
on the web or instead be able to get all the files in the shared
folder as they are newly created and updated on my computer. I would
greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions on a more elegant means
of
using Google Drive and Docs. Things I intend to try for now are
confined to switching from Firefox to Chrome in hopes that an
alternate web browser may provide better support for NVDA with
Google's web apps.

Thanks.

P.S. I did press Ctrl+Alt+Z to enable screen reader support in Docs,
and switched views in Drive from grid to list.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: