Re: Urgent Help With Accessing Google Drive and Docs

Ann Byrne

National braille Press has a $12 book on accessing Google drive/sheets/docs/slides etc. It is well done. available in Braile, ebook something or other, Word, and I don't remember the other formats.

At 10:01 AM 1/22/2019, you wrote:
Dear Sam, Bhava & List:

Have you discussed your difficulties using Google Documents & Google Drive with the MS disability ANSWER folks? They may have a remedy or workaround.
Brian K. Lingard

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sam path raj rao
Sent: January 21, 2019 8:42 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Urgent Help with Accessing Google Drive and Docs

Hi I too need some guidance in using Drive, I get many official docs through WhatsApp and upload the docs to drive from my mobile-whatsapp, but how to download the files from drive into my laptop is tricky, how to view the downloaded files in drive? How to download the docs to my laptop?

On 1/21/19, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I will now be required, for certain essential activities, be required
To extensively use Google Docs and in extension Google Drive for the
Next several months to collaborate on documents. Given this, it is
Imperative that I am well acquainted to Drive and Docs. However, that
is precisely what I am struggling with.

* I began reading AFB's NVDA specific tutorials on Google Drive and
Docs, but my experience with Drive is not exactly corresponding to
What has been instructed?
* This includes things like NVDA being very latent in the tree view
Item on Google Drive, at random instances simply getting stuck in a
control which has nothing in it until I Tab out of it, all of which is
preventing me from even managing to go inside a folder and view its
Files, let alone open a document and edit it.
* Due to these issues, I am currently relying on direct URLs to files
And documents to access them and subsequently work on and contribute
To them. Another alternative approach I have tried to adopt is to add
This particular shared folder to my own Drive, such that I can access
It on Windows Explorer on my PC itself. In this scenario, there are a
Number of important files that are missing from the folder on my
Computer which I have had confirmed with my collaborators. Backup and
Sync from Google on my computer contradictorily claims that everything
has been updated.

I am unclear on how to resolve Nevada's laggy behaviour on Google Drive
On the web or instead be able to get all the files in the shared
folder as they are newly created and updated on my computer. I would
greatly appreciate any ideas or suggestions on a more elegant means of
using Google Drive and Docs. Things I intend to try for now are
confined to switching from Firefox to Chrome in hopes that an
alternate web browser may provide better support for NVDA with
Google's web apps.

Thanks.

P.S. I did press Ctrl+Alt+Z to enable screen reader support in Docs,
and switched views in Drive from grid to list.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah

Blogger at Hiking Across Horizons: