Re: NVDA and ads blocker

Tony Malykh

Hi Pascal,
1. Try my TextNav addon for NVDA - It will skip most of the ads
automatically for you. As a bonus, you can also skip over menu items
and other junk on the web pages with it.
https://github.com/mltony/nvda-text-nav/releases/download/v1.0/textnav-1.0.nvda-addon
Promo audio and usage explanation (7 minutes audio):
https://soundcloud.com/user-977282820/textnav-promo
2. Alternatively, there are browser extensions that can remove ads for
you. AdBlock and AdBlock+ are the two I know, I think both have
versions for both Chrome and Firefox. Not quite sure about their
accessibility, but from what I remember, you just need to install them
and never touch them again - they'll filter all your traffic for you.

Best
Tony

On 1/22/19, Pascal Lambert <coccinelle86@...> wrote:
Hi All,

Today some pages are so riddled with long links that are ads, some of which
are several lines long, making reading with a screen reader very annoying
and difficult. Example of pages are Breitbart.com, wnd.com. they are
becoming very common which, in my view, is a violation of the ADA that we
may need to look into and report.

Is there any way to skip the ads? Is there a freeware ads blocker that
works well with NVDA?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Blessings