Re: NVDA and ads blocker

Lino Morales

Way worse Bryan. I can attest to this. This is a far better solution than JAW’s Flexible Web. I mean pages regardless of being a news site or not are constantly changing so to me this type of thing they are doing is ineffective IMHO. So don’t get any bright ideas NVDA add-on devs on here. Said add-on should do it no matter what screen reader you use.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:49:58 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and ads blocker

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 02:19 PM, Lino Morales wrote:
Brian does it weed out most of the adds on news sites etc. You’ve talked about this extention before
Simple answer:  yes.    It essentially wipes out all online ads anywhere they occur.   As new ones pop up the set of definitions gets updated very quickly and most of us never see them.

I can't imagine browsing without an ad blocker.  They drove me mad with the visual distraction (not to mention auditory, for some) well over a decade ago and I cannot imagine that things have gotten any better, probably they've gotten worse.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back