Re: accessing a spreadsheet in "protected view"

Mary,

  Have a read through:    I have hated Protected View as default since its introduction.   I never open an MS-Office document from any source that I don't trust, so it's just a PITA for me.  The sighted folks can see what's there, so they don't need to have something read it, and it's visible when Protected View is on.  If they want to manipulate it in any way, though, they've got to turn it off, too, either for that document alone or as noted above.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back