Re: NVDA and ads blocker

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

Brian,

How does one suspend uBlock Origin for specific sites?

I have used it for years and have not been able to do it.

Thank you,

George

On 1/22/2019 6:57 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Marcio,

         If you want a softer approach, then please just start out with uBlock Origin, which blocks ads and selectively blocks "annoying" scripts (my term, not theirs).  If you find you want something more aggressive afterward, then try NoScript.

          Both of these programs run in "install it and forget it" mode, but both are also wildly customizable if one so chooses.  I have not so chosen, except to suspend uBlock Origin on a couple of sites where I stream commercial TV content and cannot get it to work if uBlock is active.  What's funny is that adding the Privacy Badger extension brought back blocking of TV ads when streaming (or at least it did 2 days ago) which is something that used to work with both uBlock and Adblock Plus until ABC.com blocked all content if you had either activated.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back