From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessing a spreadsheet in "protected view"

Hi all,

I admit that I am really not very knowledgeable when it comes to working with spreadsheets. So maybe this is just an elementary question.

I got a spreadsheet from the farmer who does my local CSA. It contains
products, prices per specified unit of product and the 12 months of the
year, including showing, with an X in the boxes for months when said
products are not going to be available. And then there is a place to
fill in the amounts you want for each month and each product, and it
calculates your total for the year.

But when I open this in Excel from Office 2016, it says it is in
protected view, and when I arrow around, all I get are numbers for the
given cell I'm on, plus the word unlock. And I'm not seeing any actual
data from the sender of the sheet, i.e. no names of items, months etc.
So I haven't a clue how this thing is actually laid out. This protected
view is the way she sends this out, and apparently, it works okay for
the sighted folks. So, any advice on how I can do some magic on this
would really be appreciated.

Mary