Re: accessing a spreadsheet in "protected view"

Maria Reyes <blindteky@...>

Also you can press alt f then hit i e for enable editing. At least that's what I do and I save it then it won't be in protected view anymore.

On Jan 23, 2019, at 7:09 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 06:34 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Be careful before suspending protected view.
I have no argument with the advice you've given, as everyone has their own tolerance for risk.

I will note, however, that what you propose doing would unleash exactly the same macros as my method does once the file is open.  That's why I don't find Protected View useful for myself.   I have never opened anything I have no intention of interacting with, and the moment you unprotect a given file it's unprotected.  For myself, I just see no advantage in doing this on a case by case basis since I'm strict about what I'll open.

If one has to deal with a lot of Office file throughput, though, and you don't have the need to interact with many of them, Protected View can come in handy.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back