From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessing a spreadsheet in "protected view"

Mary,

Have a read through:

* Adjusting Protected View Settings in MS-Office Programs ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B98uELZbPFnOSHIyWXUzRnFkdmc )

I have hated Protected View as default since its introduction. I never open an MS-Office document from any source that I don't trust, so it's just a PITA for me. The sighted folks can see what's there, so they don't need to have something read it, and it's visible when Protected View is on. If they want to manipulate it in any way, though, they've got to turn it off, too, either for that document alone or as noted above.

*A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.*

~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back