Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Open Office/libreOffice

Hmm, well yes I  think though that Jaws will still carry on working on the
machine its been installed on as long as you do not need a newer version. If
the poster is correct this is not what Microsoft does with the subscription
model. With Word, I can still use old versions as long as they will still
run and screenreaders support them. I find it intensely annoying for example
that Microsoft decide which email client I can use. If I load up Outlook
Express on windows ten with the support files it needs from xp, it will run
fine. However when Windows updates in a major way, it removes it.

However most of the free replacements of that software are worse. Security
may be a little better, but to date its not been an issue.
 They reinvent the wheel worse then won't allow people to use the old wheels
even if they fit and go around, so to speak.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-