Re: NVDA and norton and adobe digital editions

Stephen

you can always use google and search for "chrome offline version latest" or adobe editions offline version latest, or something similar. that's what I do.

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 1/25/2019 8:21:29 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and norton and adobe digital editions

It depends. Often these days software only downloads a stub, so installing
will not work unless you give it internet access. Chrome does this as do
many pieces of software. It seems that the stub looks at your machine and
can then intelligently get the files appropriate to your software and
hardware environment.
In these cases there is no way once install starts to get it to stop
without cancelling the whole install.

I notice for example if I download a stub of a piece of software say on one
machine then run that on another, and that happens to be an xp machine it
will almost immediately either say it won't run or download a specific
version for the XP environment.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.