Re: Interesting news

erik burggraaf <erik@...>

I hear you and I'm a proud supporter of NVDA.  Here's my thinking though, and I'm sure it won't be popular but here goes.

Microsoft should buy NVDA for a huge sum of money and hire mic and James to head the project.  Narrater should be scrapped and NVDA should be built into windows.  That really rips up the open source model and that's bad; however, It trades narrater for a high end professional product for windows users across the board.  It could also be that in this sinareo, usb drivers for many supported braille displays would become plug and play supported with windows via the built in NVDA.  That would really be huge for some one like John.  Suddenly a person who is deaf-blind could have access to install or upgrade their own copy of windows, handle their own registration, and not have to have a sighted person drop buy to download packages off the internet and fiddle with wizards.

Apple desktop and mobile solutions already have this and android as it as well.  Windows is way behind and acquiring NVDA could be a great way to catch up to the pack as long as the quality of the product continues to be high.

Best,

Erik Burggraaf
Visit the out of work bum for your chance to win one of 10 KNFB Reader or Nearby Explorer for IOS or android!
Also check out my website for inclusion to the android platform for persons with sensery, physical or cognitive disabilities:

On Jun 14, 2016, at 11:11 AM, multi 85 <multi851@...> wrote:

Now there really is a David versus Goliath and thank goodness for
NVDA, because we'd definitely have very little innovation with this
new move if NVDA didn't exist. Must support.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ai-squared-joins-vfo-home-of-freedom-scientific-and-optelec-300284405.html