Re: Accessibility of Spotify for desktop for the blind users

Gene

I found this discussion on the Spotify community site from 2017.  I doubt anything has changed.  Blind people have been asking for accessibility for years.  it appears that any accessibility is accidental.  One more petition or questionaire will do nothing.  It will probably take something like a lawsuit or perhaps a campaign on social media.

From: Gene
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessibility of Spotify for desktop for the blind users

First, unless things have changed, Spotify hasn't been interested in accessibility, calling it a "feature" many years ago.  I'm not sure if they said this, but they may have said it was up to others to implement accessibility for Spotify.

First, I would suggest that before starting this project, find out what the developers think now and ask the community if there have been recent experiences with the developers that indicate whether any of this effort is worth pursuing.  Or it might be advisable to pursue this in a different way, such as through blindness advocacy organizations if Spotify is still uninterested.