Re: NVDA-2016.2 Slows Down with Firefox

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  How do you get Firefox to not speak busy when you go to a web site?

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 3:06 AM, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...> wrote:
Yes I often find though that the biggest slowing is when programs are booting in for the first time. This is indeed often due to the operating system allocating resources in a clumsy way, which is why it appears to be nvda doing it as its hooked in to many bits of software all the time.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andre Fisher" <andrefisher729@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA-2016.2 Slows Down with Firefox

NVDA is not being unresponsive, your computer is. These types of
activities are certainly not recommended for older operating systems.
What's more? You are using an outdated version of NVDA.

On 6/8/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hi.
i tested your problem and took the same result.
i use windows xp not powerful hardware nvda 2015.3 and firefox 41.
when i open many apps together nvda becomes very slow, not responsive
and difficult to use.
it happens specially for example: when i am sending one file in the
skype and also opened many apps and many tab in my firefox browser.
in most cases, i quit nvda and open it again to resolve the issue.
also sometimes maybe you open a graphical website that makes your
system slow and its very hevy to load.
hope thats help and god bless you.

On 6/8/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
NVdA, if it slows down, doesn't slow down as you reported last year.
I've
never seen the kinds of slow downs you described last year attributed to
NVDA.

Gene