Re: a possible focus problem in excel 2016

Quentin Christensen

Hi Alexandre,

As others have noted, there are more efficient ways to achieve what you are trying to do here.  Two others:
1. Move the focus to a cell in the column you wish to delete
2. Press CONTROL+SPACEBAR to select the current column.
3. Press CONTROL+MINUS to delete the column

OR
1. Move the focus to a cell in the column you wish to delete
2. Press the APPLICATIONS KEY to open the context menu
3. Press D for "Delete"
4. DOWN ARROW to "entire column" and press ENTER.

You can also select the column, open the context menu and press D and it will delete the column.

Aside from all of that, the reason what you were originally trying to do isn't working, is that the current "object" is considered to be the entire grid of cells on the worksheet, so when you move the mouse to the object, it moves to the centre of the visible worksheet.

I think that is as accurate as it can be with the current implementation.  It may be possible to make this more accurate in future.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 8:35 PM Alexandre Alves Toco <alexandretoco@...> wrote:

Hi friends.

I want to delete some columns in na excel spreadsheet. So I am doing the following:

  1. Find the column with the arrow Keys.
  2. Press nvda key + numpad minus to rout navigator to focus.
  3. Press nvda key + numpad divide to rout the mouse to the navigator.
  4. Press numpad slash to click the right mouse button.
  5. Choose delete column.

It is deleting the wrong column.

I also tried only use nvda key + divide to rout the mouse to the focus since I thought that the current cell should have the focus and the navigator would be placed in it automatically.

But it didn’t work too.

Enviado do Email para Windows 10

--
Quentin Christensen