Re: Dropbox nag screens now appearing

Felix G.

Hi,
unfortunately they have never been interested in accessibility. I once
had problems with the website and contacted their support staff, who
flatly proclaimed that accessibility was an unsupported feature. They
seemed incapable of grasping that accessibility is not, strictly
speaking, a feature but rather lack of it constitutes a bug, just as
lack of security or reliability does. Just imagine asking your bank
about the security of their home banking, and their response being
that this feature is currently not supported.
Best,
Felix

Am Fr., 1. Feb. 2019 um 11:08 Uhr schrieb Brian's Mail list account
via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

I opened up my computer yesterday t9o be greeted by Pane.
I eventually managed to fiddle and find the desktop. On asking around the
sighted world this morning I discovered that Dropbox latest version puts up
a picture on every boot up showing a dog doing work, promoting the business
Dropbox subscription. Its a cartoon apparently. However whatever ist is
nvda/f1 says its a button not focussed and has an exception number.
Has anyone else not seen this?

I personally feel that if they want to advertise, then fine but at least
make it obvious its them to a screenreader user.
Blimey.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.