Re: bug with nvda selection

Gene

I'm not attacking you on anything and I'm not saying your description
is wrong. I'm saying that anywhere else when you select text, browse
mode, the application cursor when in a word processor, etc. the
character to the right of your position is not selected. I'm saying
that it is bad design and a contradiction of the design philosophy of
NVDA that in this one instance, the character to the right of your
position is selected. Text selection should be consistent when using
the review movement keys as anywhere else.

On 2/1/19, Quentin Christensen <quentin@nvaccess.org> wrote:
I'm not 100% sure which bit you're attacking me for there Gene, Is this
about review cursor selection taking the character to the right of the
selection?

If you could please point me to the published standards for selecting text
which specifically cannot be accessed with a text cursor, I will create an
issue and raise it with Mick at the earliest opportunity....

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:42 PM Gene <gsasner@gmail.com> wrote:

That goes against good design and against the philosophy behind the
design
of NVDA. Selecting text should follow the same principle as when you
select by character with the application cursor in Windows. On what
basis
was it decided that NVDA should have its own selection rules that are
completely nonstandard? Why not give blind people enough credit to
believe
that they can select correctly using screen review commands?